Sunday, September 2, 2012

Danika's lost (pulled) tooth

Danika woke up complaining about her tooth hurting.  I figured it was because she grinds her teeth at night and had irritated it..well two days later she bit into a pretzel and started screaming.  We took her into the dentist that same day and found that her tooth was starting to absess.  Her roots hadn't developed correctly and were leaking into the space beneath the tooth. So, they extracted the tooth and put a spacer in her mouth so her teeth will leave space when her new molar comes in. (in about 5 years) She was such a trooper and was hilarious coming off the nitrous oxide...lol! Check out how enormous her tooth was.


It looks like a fake tooth,,,it was so big!
 Her little mouth with the spacer.
She was very surprised the next morning finding goodies under her pillow from the Toothfairy!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted a picture of her tooth, since I didn't get to see it while I was there. I can't believe how huge it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lost a tooth even before Sarah and she's in 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete